The mission of SWEP-CT is to:
- encourage and promote the leadership, achievement, and professional and personal development of women in the environmental professions;
- provide an informal setting for women in the environmental professions to meet, share technical information and work experiences, discuss unique issues affecting women environmental professionals nationally and to develop working relationships between those in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors;
- educate members on new developments and current trends in the environmental field;
- strengthen the skills of the members by addressing environmental issues, business relationships, leadership roles, mentoring and other substantive topics; and
- encourage and promote public service in the environmental field.